Tuesday, 24 March 2009

"'Australopithecus was never fully erect!' 'Maybe he was nervous...'"

I bloody love this Human Behavioural Ecology module - definitely the first module in the history of my Uni career so far that I've turned up for every lecture and enjoyed and stayed attentive for the full length of it. Its sad that I'm starting to get the paleantological jokes made by Ross on Friends. Its almost a shame I've just changed my honours year to Marine Biology. Not really though, because I've done so much better in marine modules, and on average enjoyed them a whole lot more than Zoology ones. It makes sense. The fact that I'm going on a nice little field trip to the Caribbean helps it make just a little more sense too. That is, if it all comes off. So far, we have to confirm the institute we're visiting, find somewhere to stay once we're done, find a way of getting between institute and holiday destination that won't cost the earth, book it, book flights, find a way of paying for it all, all in about 2 weeks probably. It will all be worth it in the end when I'm laying on a tropical beach looking forward to a day of scuba diving in a coral reef...

Things to do in the next 11 days (not in order)

1. Sort out Caribbean adventures
2. Go to the gym, you fat lazy bitch!
3. Stop missing dance class, you fat lazy bitch!
4. Find a proper job, earn money to pay for said Caribbean adventures.
5. Ensure fully prepared for Ugandan adventures (off the top of my head all I have left to buy is a pile of baby wipes and a selection of colouring books. And thick socks. And a years supply of clean pants, just in case).
6. Tidy room, or father won't pay for Ugandan adventures.
7. Sort out revision notes in order to get started with revision on return from Ugandan adventures.
8. Learn to prioritise.

I had another appearance on Hollyoaks today. Cringe. (Yes, very Mizz magazine circa 1998, but that's the only way it can be described). Salsa class, sexy latino dance teacher, swooning - they tell us we don't need to be able to act to do this job, and I can't act. I don't want to act. If they make me they should pay me more money!

We did very well in the quiz last night, actually answered every single one, with more than an educated guess. We got asked, (seconds after someone said "We've had that question about 3 times here... it's not as bad as that time we got asked what Tiger Wood's real name is 3 times in one week.") "Can you tell me what Tiger Woods real name is?" Keggin hit the roof, (i.e. screamed FUCK OFF!) and listed it as number 3 in his top 5 wierdest moments of all time, and remained in shock for quite some time. We got up for play your cards right twice but didn't win, didn't even make it past the third card - poor show after last week's victory.